When the time comes that you are ready to paint the inside of your Kettering home, one of the first things that you have to determine is a color scheme. Many homeowners erroneously assume before getting started that color selection is the easy part, until it’s actually time. There are a lot of factors to consider, and it is about a lot more than just what color you like.
Yet, to some degree, the purpose of a color consultation is to confirm choices you may have already made and increase your confidence about what you have selected. It certainly doesn’t hurt to be prepared about what to expect, when it comes to your consultation. Having a general idea will help make sure that you are better prepared and not caught off guard.
What Your Color Consultant Wants You to Know
Whether you already have a consultation scheduled or are about to arrange one, there are some things that you should know. In order to make your discussion a positive experience, these are some of the things that you should be aware of:
- You will be involved – Too many homeowners seem to think a professional comes in, takes a look around and tells them what colors the walls should be painted. However, this is not the case at all. At the end of the day, this is your home and you have to live with the color selections. The point is to get you thinking about possible options and provide feedback but, ultimately, the choice is all yours.
- It begins right away – From the moment you make the initial call, the process is beginning. In fact, you will be providing some helpful data to your consultant during that first contact. This will make it easier for the actual meeting because your professional will already know something about your home, your style and your goals for the project.
- It doesn’t have to take long – This is especially true if your first phone call provided enough data. People tend to put off color consultations because they envision hours worth of going through color swatches and answering a ton of questions. However, the actual consultation is often about just narrowing down a few choices to the final ones.
- What are your favorite things? – During the consultation, you may be asked to show some of your favorite things, such as décor that you may want to be showcased. This is also a good opportunity to express what it is that you want to be the focal point of your home. You will need to make paint color choices accordingly.
- Avoiding trends – It is important for a consultant to be current with color fads and trends. However, they should advise against using these colors for painting your walls. The reason being is that fads come and go and if you are stuck with it on your walls, you will have to have them repainted once that color is out of fashion.
Getting Expert Help
By making the wise choice to team up with Litehouse Painting & Remodeling, you will be able to get the final results that you want, need and deserve. With close to 20 years in the industry, we know what it takes to provide the best in service excellence. We are dedicated to providing nothing short of service excellence.
Let us have the opportunity to partner with you so that you can get the feedback that you need, in order to make the best possible choices. You are going to love the final results that we are able to provide for you, and that is obvious from the superior customer rating we have.
All you have to do is get in touch with us so we can set up a time for your consultation. Picking just the right paint for your walls is a big part of transforming your current house into the home of your dreams. Get in touch with us now to get started.